Why do you need the best rank tracker tool in the market today?
That’s because it’s important to constantly track your target keywords’ rankings on the search engine result pages. This gives you an idea of what to improve to outrank your competitors.
All this cannot be accomplished without a rank tracker tool.
A powerful keyword rank tracking software can help you:
- Track your keyword rankings automatically
- Analyze the effectiveness of your keyword strategy
- Track keywords, domains, webpages, etc.
- Monitor your competitor’s keyword strategy and rankings
- Identify any issues with organic traffic
- Uncover new keywords driving traffic to your website or the competitor’s
However, with the sheer volume of online tools out there, how can you determine the best SEO rank tracker tools for you?
This post lists the top 9 best rank-tracking software tools, some that I currently use for my site and some that I’ve tried and found to be powerful.
Note: Most of these are keyword research tools built with rank-tracking capabilities. They are also powerful and accurate tools you can use on any website.
Let’s get started.
Howdy, content marketers!
Want to uncover SEO issues on your site and identify keyword ranking opportunities?
Semrush is an all-in-one SEO toolkit with the best rank tracker tool and SERP watcher. The tool can help you discover a wealth of keyword opportunities.
Try this rank tracker tool for accurate rank-tracking data if you want to outrank your competitors easily.
You can use this tool for multiple tasks, including:
- Tracking multiple keywords simultaneously
- Viewing the search volumes of these keywords
- Monitoring your search engine performance against your direct competitors.
With the position tracking feature, you can monitor the daily rankings of web pages and the keywords they are ranking for.
What I like about this position-tracking tool is that you can track organic keywords and domains. You can also perform location-wise comparisons and uncover local and global competitors.
Besides, you can track their performance and get regular reports on featured snippets.
Furthermore, you can monitor your competitors’ landing pages and discover websites you’re competing with based on keyword difficulty and opportunities to outrank them.
Most importantly, you can track your website’s search visibility, expected traffic, keyword positions, and market trends for these metrics. Plus, the tool will send you daily updates so you can track your ranking progress.
Better yet, you can connect your Google Search Console and Google Analytics accounts to Semrush and analyze your website’s rankings from its simple dashboard.
Price: Semrush offers flexible pricing starting from $119.95 per month for up to 5 projects and 500 keywords to track per day. Its premium plan is costly, though. The software also offers a 7-day free trial.
Ahrefs is Semrush’s closest alternative SEO tool. If you want to learn how these compare against each other, check out this detailed comparison by Attrock.
Want to know the position of your website in the SERPs?
If so, Zutrix is one of the best rank tracker tools you should try.
First, it lets you track your keyword positions in Google’s SERPs for free.
Furthermore, Zutrix uses AI for SERP tracking. This means you get more accurate reports of your website’s position on Google.
You also get reliable metrics that can help you measure the success of your search engine optimization efforts.
Whether you’re an agency, digital marketer, or SEO professional, this tool can be a great addition to your SEO toolkit.
You can track your rankings based on language, country, or city. This means you can track relevant keywords locally, nationally, and internationally.
Aside from that, it also lets you monitor keywords your competitors are ranking for. And in case of any changes, the tool sends you notifications via email, Slack, or Telegram.
This way, you never miss out on any opportunities to rank at the top pages of Google.
Price: Zutrix offers a basic plan for $9 to monitor up to 10,000 backlinks per month and track up to 250 keywords per day.
3. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a comprehensive keyword position tracker and SERP watcher. It provides in-depth information on your keyword positions across all major search engines.
With this SERP tracker tool, you can:
- Track your competitors’ keywords to see where you stand in terms of keyword rankings.
- Identify high-performing keywords. Discover keywords and pages that drive the most traffic to your website and your competitors.
- Ensure a steady traffic flow to your website by proactively discovering ranking drops and preventing traffic loss.
- Understand how ranking algorithm updates impact your website rankings and adjust your SEO strategies accordingly.
- Discover pages competing for the same keyword and fix the issues to prevent cannibalization.
- Check website rankings for multiple locations and compare your competitors’ keyword rankings with yours.
Price: SE Ranking pricing starts from $31.20 per month for up to 10 projects and 5 competitors per project. You can also try the tool with its 14-day free trial.
Want a robust SEO toolkit with the best rank tracker tool to help you analyze your website rankings?
Look no further than Serpstat. Here’s why.
With this online rank checker tool, you can track your website and your competitors’ positions in mobile and desktop rankings daily.
You can also conduct keyword research for SEO and ads and track rankings and backlinks for any website.
With this platform, you can:
- Target and track individual pages or categories of your site
- Identify which SERP features generate traffic to your website and track the search rankings for your website alongside your competitors.
You can also track your website’s positions in contextual advertising, detect competitors’ position changes in the SERPs, and more.
The best thing about this tool is that it offers more visual reports. With the help of stunning graphs and charts, you can get a birds-eye view of your ranking reports for further action.
Price: Pricing starts from $69 per month for unlimited users.
5. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is a comprehensive SEO suite with one of the best rank tracker tools. Practically, you can use SEO PowerSuite’s rank tracker in the following ways:
- Analyze your organic search competition. You can monitor your online visibility, evaluate the page’s authority, find new competitors as they rank at the top of SERP results, etc.
- Check your organic search rankings, local pack rankings, and map rankings for any city and country.
- Boost the visibility of your YouTube videos. The tool lets you check YouTube video rankings, track video features on Google, and analyze competitors on YouTube SERP.
You can also use it to find video keywords with high-ranking potential and get comprehensive SEO reports on the progress of your video rankings.
- Instantly check Google rankings for hundreds of local and global keywords on desktop and mobile.
Price: This rank tracker tool is available for free. But you can upgrade to the professional plan for $299 per year and enjoy more advanced rank tracker features.
Research keywords, analyze the competition, check & monitor backlinks, and track your search engine ranking—all with a single, powerful platform.
Ranktracker harnesses world-class data sources to help you get ahead in SEO, whether you’re a startup or a large agency.
The platform offers the following tools:
- Rank Tracker – See exactly how your SEO campaigns are performing. Monitor your site as it moves up or down in the search engine results.
- Keyword Finder – Enter a word or phrase to see a list of relevant related keywords, complete with search volumes and difficulty ratings.
- SERP Checker – SERP analysis helps you find your competitors’ weak spots.
- Web Audit Tool – Get an in-depth health check of your SEO. The audit tool checks off all your on-site SEO factors, quickly identifying any issues – then tells you how to fix them.
- Backlink Monitor – See who’s linking to your site with the Backlink Monitor on autopilot.
- Backlink Checker – See your competitors’ backlinks, then adapt their content strategies to improve your own.
- Actionable SEO Tasks – It will walk you through the process step-by-step so you’re ready to climb the search engine rankings.
- Reports – Create customizable reports to show how your site’s ranking has changed over time.
Price: From $19 per month.
Ahrefs and Semrush are industry-leading digital marketing platforms with a suite of tools, including robust keyword analysis and backlink analysis tools and other advanced features.
This tool is easy to use for both beginners and expert content marketers due to its great user interface.
Another outstanding feature of this software is the rank tracking tool that helps you monitor your rankings and keywords across 170 countries on desktop and mobile devices.
All you need to do is type in your search queries. You can also import a list of target keywords by connecting your Google Search Console and Google Analytics accounts.
The keyword tracking tool will automatically track data and send you daily rank updates, including competitor rankings, so you can see where you stand against your competition.
With the rank tracking tool, you can visualize your SEO performance and progress using interactive reports. Besides, it’s a powerful tool for backlink monitoring as well.
Moreover, with Ahref’s rank-checking tool, you can keep track of clicks coming from your organic search traffic. You can also get a snapshot of your average position and traffic over time and monitor your ranking positions.
Plus, you can monitor individual keywords or more than one keyword.
With Ahrefs’ rank tracking features, you can monitor your ranks in the following Google SERP features:
- People also ask
- Featured snippet
- Knowledge panel
- Tweet box
- Shopping results
- Image pack
And that’s not all.
Using the tool’s handy filter, you can easily uncover keywords ranked higher or tanked in the SERPs.
Want to track your competitors’ performance in Google’s SERPs?
This is an ideal SERP watcher.
The tool will display your search engine performance data against up to ten of your competitors based on the following areas:
- Ranking progress over time
- Search traffic
- SERP features
The tool will also update you on your ranking performance by sending you daily updates via email. You also get information about any changes in your keyword ranking and other detailed insights.
Price: Ahrefs price starts from $99.
Similarweb comprises a suite of SEO tools that can help you perform comprehensive competitor traffic analysis and obtain traffic insights for any website. This can help you discover how your competitors are getting visitors.
The tool is simple to use as you just have to enter your URL, and it will generate a report with your global, country, and category ranking.
The tool also helps you see the average search traffic coming from numerous search engines and across all channels, including social media, direct, ads, referrals, and more.
And if that’s not all, Similarweb will let you know the search engine performance of your site based on traffic too.
You can then use this information to supplement any reports from other keyword tools, especially if you’re using a rank tracker tool that doesn’t show how you stack up against your competitors.
Furthermore, its advanced features let you add competitors you want the tool to track. It will recommend competitors that you should monitor on a daily basis.
Price: For pricing, you need to contact Similarweb support to get your custom quote.
Looking to elevate your SEO strategy?
Enter Nightwatch, your next-generation rank tracking platform and SEO tool tailored to give you a cutting-edge advantage.
Harnessing the power of real-time data analytics, Nightwatch’s Rank Tracker scans rankings over a staggering 100,000 global locations across major search engines like Google, Bing, and YouTube.
The tool offers unique features such as:
- Unparalleled local rank tracking from any Google Data Centre worldwide.
- Effortless, automated report generation using a drag-and-drop editor.
- A user-centric interface for intuitive navigation.
- Rapid detection and correction of problems such as broken pages and absent tags.
- Intelligent tools for discovering declining content, identifying approachable keywords, and evaluating keyword group performance.
- Smooth integrations with platforms such as Google Analytics and Search Console.
You will also receive daily reports that will keep you informed about ranking progress.
Try Nightwatch today to stay at the forefront of visibility.
Price: After a 14-day free trial, pricing starts at 32$/month.
Monitoring your website rankings on Google’s SERP is a must for any digital marketer or SEO professional who wants to launch a practical SEO strategy.
That’s how you can uncover potential keywords your competitors are ranking for so you can create solid strategies to outrank them.
And while Google Analytics and Google Search Console help, it’s impossible to accomplish all this without a reliable ranking tool.
This is where leveraging the best rank tracker tool becomes essential. It can help you track your Google ranking progress over time and monitor your competitors.
Did we miss your favorite rank tracker tool? What other powerful keyword rank trackers do you know? Mention them in the comments section!