The use of relevant and useful material to draw in both current and potential customers is known as content marketing. This can be done through blogs, social media updates, emails, videos, white papers, newsletters, etc.
When content marketing is done well, it communicates competence and demonstrates that a company appreciates its clients. Relationships are established and fostered by quality and consistent content. Customers are more likely to select you over competitors when they perceive you as a company that actually cares about them.
The following statistics on content marketing demonstrate its competitive edge:
- Having a blog increases leads for a business by 67 percent.
- Before speaking with a salesperson, 47% of customers view at least three to five pieces of content.
- Businesses that use content marketing grow by 30% more than those that don’t.
Content marketing solutions can help you save time and money by raising the quality of the content you produce and optimizing your overall content marketing strategy. They can provide you with new writing inspiration, help you connect with your buyer personas, motivate website visitors to engage with your material, and even help them decide which product to buy. How well you comprehend these content marketing strategies will significantly impact how well you perform as a digital marketer.
But to become a successful content marketer, you need an arsenal of the right tools. That’s what we’ll discuss today.
10 Online tools to improve your marketing in 2023
Here are the top 10 online tools to boost your marketing efforts in 2023:
You can manage and communicate with your clients, customers, and other interested parties with Mailchimp, an all-in-one marketing platform. It primarily functions as an email marketing and social media management solution for managing and automating digital marketing campaigns.
One of the best digital marketing tools available for tracking traffic and optimizing campaigns is Mailchimp. The software also enables several integrations with other SaaS providers. The technology is quite effective for email campaigns that allow you to interact with your audience.
Its marketing strategy is centered on effective data analysis, artistically designed campaigns, and a strong contact management framework. You can develop your skills as a marketer using this platform. In the field of email marketing, MailChimp is a well-known brand.
The features of MailChimp:
- Uses simple design techniques to produce better content.
- Provides an AI assistant for the creation of unique designs.
- Offers marketing automation to personalize your emails and generate up to six times as many orders.
- Provides access to tools for gathering data and insights in one location.
- Additionally, it gives small marketers a free plan.
You may easily reach the appropriate audience at the appropriate time with the help of MailChimp’s pre-built, customized email automation. Sending your customers a happy birthday greeting, welcome automation, or order alerts are the best way to keep your business at the forefront of their minds.
Companies engaged in online retail and e-commerce gain a lot from MailChimp, it can be used to improve traffic, conversions, and increase sales.
Hootsuite is a platform for managing social media that includes capabilities for scheduling, syndicating, and planning social media updates. Some of its important aspects are automatic scheduling, social media monitoring, performance reporting, simple work management, and much more.
You may save time by using Hootsuite for social media marketing. You can administer Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, as well as Pinterest from a single location rather than logging into each network separately and posting there one by one.
Additionally, its “Streams” function might assist you in keeping track of key conversations as they emerge. Once again, you can keep an eye on conversions across many networks from a single dashboard.
Additionally, Hootsuite provides a useful Analytics option for comprehensive data on social media performance. If you manage an agency, you are aware of the difficulties in calculating social media ROI. The Analytics function in Hootsuite makes it easier for you to display your results.
Without reporting, no social media management platform would be complete. You can view your performance using Hootsuite’s Analytics by individual social profile or through a “mixed” dashboard that includes all of your connected networks.
The key metrics are:
- Fans and followers
- Tweets and posts
Additional advanced metrics include:
- Performance of posts
- Incoming messages analyzed for sentiment
- Total clicks per country
- Clicks on page contents
- Participation by type
Additionally, you can plan your reports for automatic email distribution weekly or monthly. This is excellent for client reporting.
Another fantastic feature for marketing teams is the Content Library, which is accessible to Business and Enterprise members. You can create themes and pre-approved photos that you can utilize for future social media posting. To each asset, you can also add personalized notes and tags.
Additionally, you can choose an expiration date for specific visual assets, which is ideal for graphics with a seasonal theme or limited-time promotions.
3. Google Analytics
You can use Google Analytics, a potent digital marketing tool, to guide a variety of marketing choices. You can simply track your online business and the objectives that can assist your business in maintaining its course.
Marketers may easily comprehend the directions that must be taken with website updates and alterations by using the countless data insights that Google Analytics offers. All you need to do to get started is install Google Analytics on your website.
Google Analytics has the following features:
- Provides you analytics on website traffic that is segmented out by devices, products, pages, and other factors.
- Makes it possible for you to develop your own metrics, dimensions, and dashboards for quick access to data and information.
- Helps in improving your understanding of your target audience. You will receive real-time updates about website visitors, including information about the pages they are presently viewing. This will give your visitors a better user-friendly experience, which will help you make your landing page more appealing.
- Lets you learn more about the performance of the company.
- Enables you to communicate the insights using a variety of reporting tools.
- Organizes and visualizes the data in accordance with your business’s needs.
Last but not least, Google Analytics has a good amount of functions, features, and the capacity to produce personalized dashboards and reports.
If you work in digital marketing, you’ll appreciate the necessity for a good design tool that can assist you in producing eye-catching social media posts and other marketing materials. With the help of Canva, a well-known design tool, you can create successful marketing campaigns using visual content that can be shared on blogs, websites, social media, and other platforms.
An important digital marketing skill to have is the ability to create visual material. Therefore, you must create engaging posts if you want to draw in your target audience.
The features of Canva:
- You may modify posts and make any kind of graph with Canva.
- The tool has a lot of templates. You can use its enormous collection of stock photographs, illustrations, graphics, icons, and vectors to produce any kind of visual content for your marketing campaign.
- It gives you the option to select from a vast array of designs, including those for postcards, brochures, CD covers, wallpaper, books, resumes, certificates, magazine covers, letterheads, presentation graphics, blog banners, cards, posters, flyers, presentations, logos, and social media.
Thanks to its straightforward drag-and-drop design, you can develop graphic components that correspond to your campaign. The great news is that creating graphic content for your digital marketing campaign doesn’t require you to be an expert designer. Regardless of design experience, anyone can use it due to its simplicity.
Link building, keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking, and site auditing features are all included in the SEO software suite Ahrefs. The majority of Ahrefs’ features were created with digital marketers in mind.
In a nutshell, Ahrefs is an SEO tool made to assist users in improving their Google results.
Site Explorer, the first tool Ahrefs ever released, revolutionized the backlink research industry and sparked fresh competition among SEO tool suppliers. It immediately rose to the top of the list of backlink analyzing tools used worldwide.
Since then, Ahrefs has developed into a full SEO suite by creating tools like Keywords Explorer for researching keywords, Content Explorer for examining content, Rank Tracker for keeping track of keyword ranks, and Site Audit for reviewing and improving websites.
Ahrefs is mostly used by:
- Owners of small businesses who conduct SEO on their own websites.
- Agencies that specialize in search engine optimization.
- “In-house” marketers who manage the website’s marketing for their employer.
- Affiliate marketers who manage multiple websites.
- SEO consultants who offer clients advice on their SEO tactics.
Using Ahrefs, you may primarily:
- Examine a website’s link profile, keyword positions, and SEO health.
- Perform keyword analysis for Amazon, YouTube, and Google.
- Look for information on a topic that has worked well in social media shares and/or links.
The cost of Ahrefs varies according to the package you select as well as whether you choose monthly or yearly billing. Unfortunately, Ahrefs doesn’t provide a free trial right now.
Buzzsumo is a flexible research and content marketing tool. It assists you in determining the finest kind of information to use for any given topic. You can discover the most popular trending topics and the headlines creating the most attention for pretty much anything. Additionally, you can connect with them to expand your business by learning more about the major influencers in your sector.
Using BuzzSumo’s Content Analyzer function, you may scan the web for any articles that contain the search keyword you entered. Not just the search results themselves but also the level of engagement linked to each result is what gives this feature its impact.
Knowing which material has garnered the most social interaction and links will help you plan and create more compelling content that will appeal to your audience and increase the likelihood that it will be seen by more people.
BuzzSumo delivers engagement statistics for Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. The total number of links each search result has got is also provided.
In addition to offering limitless search options, BuzzSumo also offers a content analysis report. This function is useful, especially when analyzing competitors.
You can also narrow your search by using BuzzSumo’s advanced search option. Using specific operators and strings, you can carry out sophisticated searches.
The Content Analyzer includes the option to save searches as a useful feature. This gives you fast access to the most recent search query results and saves you the time you would have otherwise spent running the same search queries.
With the help of crawling e-commerce websites, Quora, Yahoo! Answers, Reddit, and other websites, BuzzSumo’s Question Analyzer function was created to give content marketers the opportunity to aggregate questions that their users ask.
Semrush is a well-known SEO tool for performing competitor research, optimizing Google Ads, and conducting keyword research.
It is an all-in-one marketing reporting tool made to assist digital marketers in improving the organic search traffic to their websites. Additionally, you may assess your position in relation to your competitors and improve your data-driven selections regarding the keywords to target for both organic search and Google ad campaigns.
Semrush is used by several well-known companies, such as Booking.com, Quora, HP, and eBay.
With the use of this sophisticated SEO tool, you can easily spot patterns and trends in your particular sector. This will enable you to evaluate your on-page SEO and pinpoint the regions that require optimization for more effective lead production.
Semrush is one of the top tools for keyword research as well. You will get an understanding of the keywords that your competitors are using and how they are performing. It will be considerably simpler for you to stay ahead of your competition and keep up with the most recent trends as a result of the generous amount of data you receive.
There is a free version of Semrush. However, it offers few features and services. You can accomplish the following with a free account:
- Develop and run a single Semrush project
- 10 daily questions about keyword and competitor research
- keyword monitoring (limited to 10 keywords)
- Go through all 100 pages of your website.
The free edition doesn’t offer nearly as much flexibility and advantages as the paid version, despite the fact that these capabilities can be helpful for beginners in digital marketing.
There is a 14-day free trial available to try out Semrush if you’re not sure whether you should sign up for their service. Paid plans cost between $119.95 and $449.95 per month or between $99.95 and $374.95 per month if you subscribe for a full year.
Buffer is a versatile piece of social media marketing software commonly known as “Bufferapp.” Drafting and scheduling posts for distribution on several social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, is the main function of Buffer. Buffer also provides social media monitoring and reporting capabilities.
Actually, there are three distinct groups of features on buffer.com. Each of these is a unique product in many aspects. Even then, if you register for all 3, you can link them all together and navigate to each one separately from the navbar.
- Buffer Publishing: The main feature of Buffer is Buffer Publishing, where you can schedule social media postings across many platforms.
- Buffer Analytics: Their social media reporting system is called Buffer Analytics. You can check the effectiveness of your social media posts right here. You can examine each platform separately or get an overall analysis of your social media performance.
- Buffer Engagement: Buffer Engagement offers businesses an Instagram engagement and tracking solution. It is developed for big businesses to keep an eye on Instagram conversations around their brand and to respond to those who ask for assistance.
When Buffer was launched, you could only individually schedule tweets. The “queue” method for semi-automatically scheduling posts in Buffer’s Publish is one new feature (or new-ish) in the software. Using this function, you can instruct Buffer to share future material on certain days and at certain times.
By selecting “Customize for each network,” Buffer Publish also allows you to modify your posts for each social network. You can then change the text, the link, and the media for each platform.
Hubspot is an all-in-one marketing, sales, and CRM suite. It is regarded as the most potent marketing automation platform.
Many of the capabilities that HubSpot offers can be tried for free. These consist of an effective form builder, chat support and chatbots, popup tools, and a comprehensive WordPress marketing plugin. Along with these features, HubSpot offers a top-notch CMS that enables you to consolidate everything inside a cost-free CRM.
HubSpot has a large selection of tools giving you the power to influence every stage of the buying process. They divided their features among 5 platforms, “hubs,” each of which offers a specially selected collection of tools for each function.
You may access a complete set of tools for your marketing, advertising, management, content, as well as support teams thanks to the hubs’ seamless interconnectivity. If you don’t require all of them, you can also buy access to each of these hubs separately.
Because the platform is one integrated system, you don’t need to transfer your data back and forth between each component. Imagine that your sales and marketing teams are constantly in sync or that your customer service and sales teams are consistent in all their customer conversations. HubSpot streamlines business operations everywhere.
Even better, HubSpot’s extensive ecosystem supports over 1,000 integrations.
10. Poll the People
Giving anyone access to data-backed decision-making that allows them to optimize their business in minutes is what Poll the People was built for.
Poll the People is a user-testing platform built to make decision-making faster, easier, and cheaper. The tool specializes in testing for designers and marketers that want to get the most out of designs, concepts, user experience, and usability.
Poll the People offers a number of expert-built templates, from ad headline testing and brand name testing to landing page validation.
Poll the people takes complexity and risks out of traditional usability testing, allowing anyone to test their resources before going live.
The best features of Poll the people include:
- Easy Usability Testing Templates
- Responses In Minutes
- Clear Explanations from respondents
- Automatic Response Rejection of detected Fraud
- Motivated Respondents
- Actionable Reports with sensible data
Poll the People empowers teams to create custom tests to understand user expectations and needs by gaining actionable insights in minutes. To accomplish this, no coding or design experience is required.
Some of the test types you can carry out with Poll the People are:
- Digital Ad Testing: You can understand the effectiveness of Google, Facebook, or other digital ads.
- Prototype Testing: Put your prototypes in front of your target audience to gauge their effectiveness before launch.
- Brand Testing: Validate your brand messaging, tone, assets, and overall design.
- Website Testing: Discover the website design and features that your users love.
- Content Testing: Gather insights on your headlines, writing, images, or any part of your content.
Testing with Poll the People is as easy as asking a question and choosing who should answer it. You’ll get valuable insights in minutes, not days or weeks. Using the tool is pretty straightforward:
Step 1: Pick Your Usability Testing Template: Pick one of the easy-to-use testing templates to get rolling in seconds. No IT or programming support is needed.
Step 2: Launch Your Test: Set the number of survey respondents. Your usability testing survey is instantly sent to real people from the market research panel.
Step 3: Analyze The Responses: Responses start rolling in within minutes. Most tests finish in less than an hour.
You are now equipped with information about some of the top tools available today to advance your marketing in 2023. Your ability to comprehend and manage your digital marketing initiatives will improve with the help of these technologies.
You need to be aware that they all cost money, despite some of them providing a free trial. However, the expense is worthwhile if you use the tools correctly.
Which of these digital marketing tools do you currently use? Which one is your favorite among all of these?