If you are looking for a Grammarly student discount, you’ve come to the right place. In the next couple of paragraphs, I’ll share with you the easiest way to save $75 on the annual plan. This hack works for students and non-students alike.
For someone who writes a lot, investing in a tool that checks your writing for grammar and spelling mistakes is a no-brainer. Proofreading software can help catch silly mistakes, whether you’re completing a project, submitting a paper, or writing an email.
Grammarly is one of the best online grammar checkers. It’s what we use here at Launch Space. This guide will show you how to secure a discount on the premium version of the software.
How to Get a $75 Grammarly Student Discount
Getting a discount is straightforward. I’ll show you how to secure your discount in a couple of simple steps. I used this hack when I upgraded to the paid plan.
1) Sign up for the free version of Grammarly.
2) Start using the tool. The free version is pretty great and will catch a lot of typos, and grammar mistakes you didn’t know you were making. I’m impressed by the quality of the free tool.
3) After you register, Grammarly will start sending you regular email updates. You’ll receive notifications on how many words have been checked, that type of thing. It’s a pretty standard email sequence. They also send you an email promising you $75 off a premium account.
There are plenty of variations of these special offers. For example, you might get a 46% off deal in your inbox. There are also seasonal offers, like the one above, and other offers based on your actions.
4) When you receive the special offer, click the link and secure your discount. If you want to save money for next year, note down when you started, so you can cancel the account and secure a special offer using the steps outline above.
I didn’t do this for my second annual plan. I think they’ve created a great tool and I’m happy to pay them in full for creating a great tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Grammarly Offer Student Discounts?
There is no special student discount coupon for educational institutions or students. The best way to save money on an annual plan is to follow the steps I shared above. Most of the coupon codes you try won’t work. They reserve their special offers to people who have signed up for the tool, which makes sense as this way they keep more revenue.
How much does Grammarly normally cost?
There are three plans; Free, Premium, and Pro. With the Free Plan, you can access the online grammar checker and download the browser extensions. The browser extensions are great and work across most online writing tools – for instance, Google Docs – and Content Management Systems – like WordPress.
The Premium Plan is for individuals. It costs $11.66 a month. That works out to $139.92 a year. If you use the discount hack that I shared, you save $75 on the annual cost of the Premium Plan.
The Pro Plan is designed for teams, not individuals. There are monthly and annual plans. Just in case you need the information, here’s how much it costs:
- 3 to 9 members – $12.50/member per month,
- 10 to 49 members – $12.08/member per month,
- 50 to 149 members – $11.67/member per month.
There are no lifetime plans, gift subscriptions, or one-time plans available. You can purchase an annual plan by credit card, PayPal, or debit card.
How much does Grammarly cost for students?
There is no special student discount coupon. The cost of the plans is the same for a student as anyone else. The Premium Plan costs $11.66 a month, which is $139.92 a year. On the Premium Plan, you get a tool that provides you with more than 400 grammar checks, vocabulary suggestions, and a plagiarism checker.
Some academic institutions do pay for Grammarly through the @edu plan. You can ask your college if they provide students with access to the tool.
How do you get a discount?
The only way I know to get a discount is to follow the steps I shared above. Here’s what you should do:
- Sign up for a free account
- Start using the grammar checker
- Wait for a discount coupon in your inbox
- Purchase an annual plan with the coupon
Should you use it as a student?
There are people in this world who get angry when they see a spelling or grammar mistake. These people are perfectionists. One of your lecturers might be just this type of perfectionist. Even regular people, though, don’t want to read an assignment with lots of spelling and grammar mistakes. A good grammar checker will help you catch 99% of spelling and grammar mistakes.
You should still ask a friend or colleague to double-check every assignment you submit. One of the best ways to improve the quality of your work is through critical feedback.
Do Colleges/Universities Allow Grammarly?
Grammarly and Grammarly Premium is an advanced automated spelling and grammar checker. It is no different from doing a spell check on sentences, Docs, or Pages in an educational institution’s eyes. So yes, Universities do allow students to use the tool.
Spell Checker Vs. Grammarly: Which is Better?
Most writing platforms have a spell checker. One of the most famous is the Microsoft Spell Checker that is integrated with Microsoft Word. I’ve used the Microsoft Spell Checker for most of my life. I used to think it was great and caught all my spelling and grammar mistakes. Unfortunately, these spell checkers are quite basic. They check for typos and spelling errors.
Grammar checkers check for spelling errors, typos, and grammar mistakes.
Most of us make a lot of grammar mistakes. A good grammar checker will help you catch more complex mistakes. For example, you might write a sentence with a dangling modifier. A tool like Grammarly will catch this mistake. A spell checker would not.
Is a Grammar Checker Better Than A Human Proof Reader?
A human editor will improve your copy by making suggestions on paragraph duration, tone of voice, and the meaning of phrases and sentences. I strongly suggest you ask an editor to review every piece of content you produce.
Grammarly is effective at identifying mistakes, it won’t catch mistakes that a human editor might identify. For instance, you might note that someone in one section has blonde hair and brown hair in the next. A grammar checker wouldn’t pick up on these errors. However, a grammar checker will automatically catch all your spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes.
There is no direct competition between Grammarly and human editors. They both have a role in improving the quality of your content.
Is it worth using the Free Plan?
Yes. The free plan is great. The free plan checks for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. To access the free plan, create an account. You can either download the browser extension or access the online editor directly.
As you create your account you can set your preferences. For instance, you can set the type of tome you want for your content and your preferred style of writing. For example, informative, friendly, etc.
It’s easy to set up.
When using Grammarly, you have the choice of downloading the browser extension or working in the online editor. The grammar editor and the browser extension work in the same way.
Grammar or spelling mistakes are highlighted red – just like a regular spell check. Suggestions in blue are for improvements to the sentence structure. Hover over the mistake, then click to accept the solution. Or, hover over the blue sections, to review the suggestions. It’s very easy to use.
Personally, I prefer to use the online browser extension. The browser extension works with more writing applications. For example, you can use the browser extension for Google Docs, in your Content Management System, and more.
Grammarly Free Vs. Grammarly Premium
If you just want to check your writing for grammar and spelling mistakes, I recommend you use Grammarly Free. It will help you improve the quality of your writing. The grammar and punctuation checker provides a lot of value.
You can use Grammarly Free when writing blog posts, emails, essays, and academic papers. I’ve used the free tool to review content submitted to me by our team of writers. It helps me catch typos, spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, and grammar mistakes. Yet, the free version does have its limitations.
The premium version of the tool runs 400 grammar and spelling checks, checks definitions, and synonyms, and provides suggestions to improve sentence structure. In addition to this, you can also see an overall score that rates your writing from 0-100. The additional insights and feedback you receive will help you improve your writing. Certainly, I pay more attention to active sentences and have fixed some of my common grammar mistakes thanks to the tool.
Importantly, Grammarly Student has a plagiarism checker. The plagiarism checker scans a database of 16 billion articles. Essentially, it runs something similar to a Google search across your document, so you can see any bits of content that require a citation.
The screenshot below is from the free version of Grammarly.
I’ve shared a screenshot of feedback for the same text from Grammarly Premium. You can see the additional insights you get with the premium version of the tool.
Grammarly Premium is one of a handful of tools that I have paid for and use regularly. If you are writing content and sharing that content with a large audience, make sure you use an online grammar checker.
Grammarly has extensions for all the major browsers. Chrome happens to be the most popular internet browser, so I’ll cover this version in a bit more depth.
The Google Chrome extension runs in the background and works with most writing platforms. For example, Google Docs, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and all the other major social media platforms. You can activate or disable the extension through the browser.
Through the extension dashboard, you can activate or deactivate various settings. When you purchase the premium version, you can activate the feature to find definitions and synonyms, catch spelling mistakes, show phrasal predictions, and change the style of English – for example, choose between UK English or US English.
To check your writing, press the red circle in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Unfortunately, the Chrome extension does not provide you with the same level of insights as you get through the main dashboard. For example, you can’t access the plagiarism checker through the extension.
I like to have the Chrome extension running in the background as I work. I activate Grammarly when I’m writing emails, revising content from writers, or writing content for myself.
Do I Need a Premium Plan?
If you don’t have the money for Grammarly Premium, don’t worry. The premium version of the tool does have valuable extra features that students attending university will find useful. The plagiarism detector is an obvious example of a feature university students will find valuable.
However, you do not need a premium plan. As I mentioned before, the free version is an excellent proofreading tool. The artificial intelligence powering the software will catch spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes. It will even provide you with limited suggestions on how to improve your sentence structure.
Of course, the premium version does have more features. If you value the clarity of your writing, a tool that costs less than 50 cents a day is clearly a good investment. Especially when you consider the importance of your education.
Is Grammarly good for Students?
If you are a student, it makes sense to use all of the available tools and resources available to improve the quality of the content you submit to your lecturers. If I were a student, I would be using the tool as it helps me catch typos and other mistakes.
The nice thing about the tool is that the free version has some great features. If you review your content through the editor of the browser extension, it will catch basic spelling and grammar mistakes. Naturally, the premium version of the tool does have more features.
Is Grammarly right for you?
Grammarly is useful for native English speakers and people who speak English as a second language. People who use Grammarly include:
- Content and copywriters
- Academics interested in plagiarism detection
- Any business professional
The premium version is useful for students who want to ensure the work they submit is of the highest quality.
Pros Of Using Grammarly:
Here are a few essential Grammarly features that you need to hear about:
- Easy-to-use, beginner-friendly interface
- Grammar scans for passive expressions, over-used words, and recommends substitutes.
- Grammarly Premium has the world’s best plagiarism tool
- Auto-save mode functions are enabled when writing in the Grammarly Editor.
- Flexible integration with all MS Office 365 browsers, smartphone apps, etc.
- Powerful Artificial Intelligence algorithm that will help you improve your writing
- Vocabulary enhancement suggestions
- Grammarly Pro provides settings unique to British English, American English, Canadian English, Australian English, and more.
Some of the disadvantages are:
- They do not have a good reputation for refunds
- If you copy and paste large chunks of text in the editor, it doesn’t catch all the mistakes
Best Features Of Grammarly
We’ll cover some of the best features and benefits of Grammarly for students:
- Plagiarism Checker: You get access to the plagiarism detector with the premium subscription. The plagiarism detector is handy if you write an academic paper or check a colleague’s work. This feature also caters to college students who are nervous about quoting sources.
- Advanced Vocabulary Enhancement: Grammarly Premium also has an Advanced Vocabulary Enhancement feature that lets you shape sentences. It makes every given text look professional and perfect for reading. Both of these characteristics make Grammarly desirable. If you’re a student and don’t want to lose those marks, you need a Grammarly Premium.
- Browser Extensions: One of the best benefits of Grammarly is that they have browser extensions that support browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and more. The plugin perfectly integrates Gmail, WordPress, Facebook, Yahoo Mail, WordPress, and many others making efficient writing perfect on every possible platform.
The Grammarly desktop applications for Windows, Linux, iOS, have been updated over the last two years. They’ve worked on the user interface, to make it easy to use, and introduced a range of extra features and customizable settings.
Different Elements Of Grammarly For Students
Let’s break down the different elements of Grammarly:
- Overall score – Grammarly scores your document out of 100; you always want to get it as close to 100 for best results.
- Goals – Set your document’s goals based on your writing intent, audience, or domain. You can tailor advice to fit your criteria.
- Alerts – Presented at different levels, you want to focus on the critical alerts, as they are the most essential. Grammarly’s assistant offers various suggestions to will help enhance and improve your work.
- Correctness – This helps correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Clarity – Grammarly is superb when it comes to making your work straightforward and easy to grasp.
- Engagement – Removes over-used words, and improves your sentences’ structure, making your content more engaging
- Delivery – Grammarly makes sure your tone and style fall in line with your set requirements.
These elements will make your assignments, project papers, and essays perfect with the right amount of engagement and clarity.
What are the alternatives to Grammarly?
There are a lot of great grammar checkers. I’ve written a comprehensive article on the best Grammarly alternatives. The roundup contains over a dozen great alternatives to Grammarly.
There are clearly some great alternatives to this grammar checker. I happen to use the tool for my business. I use the tool and pay for the premium version. Even if you don’t have the budget for the software, I definitely recommend you create an account and give the free version of the software a try.
Let’s be clear, there is no Grammarly student discount. In much the same way, there is no student discount coupon. To be clear, this isn’t an issue.
In this guide, I showed you how to secure $75 off the annual plan by signing up for the free version of the tool, using it, and then purchasing the annual plan when you get a discount email in your inbox. It’s a straightforward strategy for saving money on Grammarly.
If you are a professional, a blogger, or a student, Grammarly is an extremely helpful tool. With the ability to work with emails and papers, it can also support and enhance every small writing changes you do.